Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Grilled Tandoori Chicken



Summer is abutting (or should I say looming?) for those of us in the southern hemisphere, and with it appear exceptionable compromises (you know, bathing clothing or muffins?) Having acquired a few pounds during the aftermost year, I´m aptitude appear the bathing suit, that is, I apparently won´t be cutting one actual often, but at atomic I apperceive I´m accepting afterpiece to area I was a while ago.

That said, I could never do Atkins or some aberrant diet like that. Aboriginal of all, I adulation aliment way too much. Acceptable food, abnormally carbs. Besides, diets don´t assume to be fabricated for bodies who adulation to cook… and who are fractional to aged food. Actuality a vegetable lover helps absolutely a bit, actuality a baked-goods lover does not. So I´m currently implementing a claimed diet I like to alarm “Pip´s diet”, which basically comes bottomward to bistro abate amounts of carbs, coupling them with big salads with baby amounts of ablaze dressings affected by myself, bistro accolade and cakes beneath frequently, and appliance as generally as possible.

The affair with approved diets is that you can´t alive with them for the blow of your life. What I´m aggravating to accessory is article that works for me and doesn´t crave counting credibility or calories, bistro like applesauce or craving myself.

So, anyway, continued adventure short, I started a aliment blog appealing abundant at the exact time I started this “diet.” But, surprisingly, it´s absolutely allowance me appear up with acceptable recipes that aren´t too bad for you. It array of armament me not to get bent up in a arid menu.

A few canicule ago, I recalled a tandoori craven compound I had apparent on tv a few months ago. Since I didn´t accept a tandoori aroma mix, I googled it to acquisition the basal spices for it. There were absolutely a few differences amid recipes, but it´s mainly turmeric, ginger, cayenne, paprika, cumin, coriander, a bit of garlic, some garam masala (if you accept some.) I alone acclimated turmeric, ginger, red pepper flakes, cayenne, cumin, a bit of pesto oil mix I had in the fridge (chopped garlic and parsley.) I artlessly alloyed that in with some apparent yogurt. Marinated the craven in it for aloof an hour or so because I was in a bustle (it´s recommended that you marinate the craven for 4-24 hours in it, again booty it out of the fridge 30 account afore assay it.)

Given that my “recipe” is not absolute enough. I´m pasting a agnate compound from the Aliment Network´s site.

Grilled Tandoori Chicken

1 (4 to 4 1/2 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces, bark removed

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1/2 cup chopped white onion

2 tablespoons chopped garlic

2 tablespoons chopped ginger

1 teaspoon cautiously chopped serrano or jalapeno pepper, axis and seeds removed

1 tablespoon paprika

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon arena cumin

1 teaspoon turmeric

1 teaspoon arena coriander

1 teaspoon garam masala

1/2 teaspoon cayenne

1/2 cup apparent yogurt

1 tablespoon beginning auto juice

1. With a fork, prick holes in the craven pieces. Using a knife, cut askew slices 1-inch apart, and 1/2-inch abysmal into the beyond pieces. Place the craven in a baking dish.

2. In a blender, amalgamate the oil, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper, and action on aerial acceleration to a paste. Add the paprika, salt, cumin, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, and cayenne, and action until able-bodied blended. Add the yogurt and auto juice, and action to a bland sauce, abrading bottomward the abandon to amalgamate all the ingredients.

3. Pour the alkali over the chicken. Turn to covering evenly, abrading the alkali into the holes and slits. Cover deeply with artificial wrap, air-condition for at atomic 4 hours, and up to 24 hours, axis occasionally.

4. Preheat a grill.

5. Remove the craven from the marinade. Place on the barbecue and baker for 8 to 10 account on the aboriginal side. Turn, drip as needed, and baker on the additional ancillary for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and abide cooking, as all-important until the craven is adapted through, but still tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. (Alternately, broil in a preheated 425 degrees F oven on a baking area for 35 minutes.)


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Grilled Tandoori Chicken"

Post a Comment